The Competence Centre for Immigration works at the intersection between migration research and practical integration work. We mainly work at the institutional level, cooperating with other stakeholders and projects in the thematic area of recent immigration. Our goal is to foster the dialogue and provide practitioners and policy makers – especially within the Network IQ – with recommendations, instruments, methods and concepts to improve the integration of migrants and refugees into education and the labour market.
- Implement and publish research and analysis of (new) immigration and labour market integration of newcomers, especially skilled workers and refugees
- Foster exchange between academic experts and representatives of politics, migrant organisations, public authorities, social partners and civil society on labour market integration of newcomers
- Develop policy recommendations, instruments, methods, concepts, (e.g. on improving the integration of people with refugee and migration backgrounds into the labour market)
- Collect, assess and publish best practice instruments, methods and concepts for further dissemination
- Facilitate networking and exchange within the IQ network’s sub-projects and other stakeholders on the national and regional level
- Organize expert group meeting on up-to-date issues and participate in steering groups and other committees
- Provide overviews and guidelines of legal expertise relevant to practitioners and stakeholders in the field of labour market integration of newcomers